Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 00:53:21 -0800
>the Black Footed Ferret belongs to the family of Mustela Nigripes.
>It is not in the same family of the Domestic Ferret,any of the
>Weasels, Mink, Fisher, Otter, Stote European Polecat, Steppe Polecat,
>Wolverine,Etc.

You are very incorrect.  The American Black Footed Ferret is indeed a
member of the weasel family, the same family and genus our domestic
ferret is found, only the specie is different: putorius or furo.  (If
one still goes by the old taxinomic designator, then it would be specie:
putorius and sub-specie: furo)

Look down this list and you will see the B.F.F. in with all the other
weasels.

<http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/classification/
Mustelinae.html#Mustelinae>

Family:  Mustelidae
Genus:   Mustela
Specie:  nigripes

MC, The Rude One
(With Artemus, Rudy, Abraham, and Tumbles.  In spirit: Bubba, Billy-Bob,
Garret, Snorkle, Squeeks, Tuzigoot, and Bancho)