From:
belphebe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2011 08:32:04 -0800
Randie wrote:
>Did I do the right thing? Shouldn't I have adopted a ferret from a
>shelter instead? Should I even keep him? By purchasing him, aren't
>I just being a part of the problem of ferret overpopulation?

If you paid an "adoption fee" at Petco, then I assume that your Petco
is working with the SPCA or possibly with shelters. So, technically,
you have adopted a shelter ferret, just not from a shelter location.
So I think you did the right thing.

Should you keep him? Now that you have him, I say yes. Give him a
chance.

Are there shelters in your area that you could have gone to? If so,
consider checking there for a ferret the next time you want to add
to the household. Go to the shelter before you go to Petco. (I know,
easier said than done, especially if you are in Petco to buy pet food
and you just happen to wander by the ferret area.)

Inez