From:
Pam Pillars <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 May 2009 19:49:43 -0400
HI all. We are a little new to being ferret parents. It will be a year
in August since we adopted/rescued our first fuzz ball. We now have
three little girls. The problem is we were told when we got each of
them that they were all up to date on their shots. We have no proof of
this, but we were assured buy all three past owners that the girls had
all their shots up to day. We have talked to a few vets and everyone
of them have said the same thing. That we need to wait at least a year
from when we got them to have them vaccinated. Just to be on the safe
side.

Now the problem is we are going away for the Fourth of July tent
camping and of course can not take the fuzz balls with us, as much as
we would love to. We have someone to take care of our dogs, but no one
to take care of the ferrets. My parents are taking our dogs, but they
are older and have bad knees and backs so cleaning litter is out of
the question for them. I'm assuming that all boarding places must have
proof of vaccination's. Does anyone have any idea's on what we can do
with our sweet fuzz balls while we are camping. We will only be gone
3 days.

Pam and Doug