From:
Deba Brezden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 11:13:39 -0600
Howdy FML ;o)

Ferris sez dook ta all ya fuzzels and thar fertfolk ;o) We pray daily that
all ailing fuzzballs will heal speedily, and that those who have suffered
a loss recently will also find comfort to heal their hearts.

We simply have to point out today, regards this important info . . .

>From:    Brandon Burt <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: First-time vaccinations
>I spoke to one vet who said he could administer a modified-live virus
>called United, and that the ferret would only need two shots (total)
>instead of the regular three or four. Now, this contradicts what I have
>read in the FAQ, and so I am wary.

Brandon is RIGHT to be wary here!!!  This info is erroneous in a couple of
regards that are extremely important!!  Firstly, there is ONLY ONE approved
vaccine for Rabies in the Ferret, this is IMRAB3, NO OTHER has been
approved.  Secondly, the vaccine MUST be "killed" NOT "live"!!!  And lastly,
the vaccine for rabies is given ONCE per Year!!!  NOT 2-3 times!  Oh my Oh
my, this is terribly dangerous to ferrets if in fact this is what practice
the vet is utilizing with ferrets!  I've already forwarded information from
the AFA site on vaccines to Brandon directly, and have urged him to pass
along the same to this vet as well, AND we urge others to check out the AFA
site to obtain the proper info re: vaccines too.  We also have a few
"informative pages" such as the AFA page, "zipped" into a file here that
we'd be happy to provide to anyone who requests it from us, simply let us
know at the email link below.  And as well, we also do have a "zip file"
which contains other "medical info" we send out freely and encourage
fertfolks to share with their veterinarians out there.

Ferris " 3 needles!!! YECHHH!! I hates eben gittin dat 1 dat I hasta!"

and his very concerned mom
Deba Brezden
mailto:[log in to unmask]