From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2008 01:01:57 -0700
Hi Guys!

Am I a perv or just a voyeur?? Or a would-be sociology MA candidate?

When I get to a set of posts that's going crazy, I sometimes read them
for a lark....

Other times they annoy or bore me so I skip them.

I think this is only the second time in my FMLdom that I've contributed
to this discussion that we have over and over. Just can't help it!

Though I get sad at the hurt sometimes, and so occasionally write
offline to the "attackee," I do think it adds to the FML to see all
types of peoples' interactions in our ferret-FML world, plus to see
the repeating themes.

Nowww I, myself (as Randy Newman would say), am petrified of being an
attackee, so don't think this me saying I am above it all.

With Kevin's post, I recognized a certain style I sometimes share --
it seemed a nice sweet positive post. When I read the post again after
the first critical reactions to it, I was a little uncertain, but still
thought it was just a matter of style.

I wish I had the words to really describe how that style works -- at
least in me. Maybe the tang comes from a layer in there of self
deprecation, w a need to hold back in general, w a wish for better
things that are frustratingly/tantalizingly out of reach, w an outward
flowing of good wishes for others?