From:
Lynn Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 20:21:39 -0700
I am sad to say that the little boy I rescued on the way to the ferret
symposium out in LV passed away this afternoon.  He had adrenal surgery on
Feb. 1st and it was a bilateral.  He never did recover because he still
had no hair growth and was straining to urinate.  So, we started him on
Lupron 5 weeks ago but the dosage wasn't strong enough so two weeks ago
we gave him another one at 2mg instead of 100 micrograms.  He was still
straining to urinate and now his breathing was very labored, so I took him
up to my vet which is about 21/2 hours away yesterday.  He did an xray and
found a large mass by the liver and ordered an ultrasound.  The ultrasound
showed everything to be normal heart, spleen, etc. except this large
mass.  We decided to take it out and he did him today and called me to
tell me it was his right adrenal and in less than 4 months had grown the
size of four fingers across.  He surgically removed it and said that he
had made it through just fine very little loss of blood.

Two hours later I got a call on my cell ...I knew it was them , He told
me the vet tech noticed his breathing was very labored and that he didn't
make it....I was totally devastated since he made it throught surgery and
now feel so guilty that I put him through it.  I never got to say goodbye
to him and he wouldn't even give me a kiss goodbye when I left him there.

Sandee...please take special care of Romeo as he has had such a hard life
before I got him, and I wasn't able to give him much more time here.  I
will always love him

My heart is broken tonight,
Lynn Barker