From:
"D. Elliott" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 12:34:14 -0700
Hi, I was going to try to respond personally to all of you who took the
time to help me with my attack ferret, Rio, but I got too many responses
for that!  A huge "thank you" to all of you, really.  But many of you
wondered why I was so sure I would be crucified.  Well, because I know it's
just plain evil to keep a ferret locked up 23 1/2 hours a day.  Anyway, I
got a large variety of suggestions, but, more importantly, I realized I
really just need to monitor her behavior.  I am going to at least test some
of the options out, but I really think a lot of you are right; she may have
been abused.  I notice now that whenever I stand and if I'm even facing
her, she runs and hides behind something.  If I'm just walking in her
general direction (not to her) she runs and hides.  So, the first thing I
am trying is Ferretone.  I'm just slathering the stuff on and letting her
lick it off.  Seems to help at least a little.  Anyway, again thanks for
the support.  I'm going to keep her and get her happy!

Now, as for me, I am crazy.  If anyone read the post on Friday about the
ferret at the Oak Ridge Animal Shelter, well it's been adopted.  Poor
little baby was stuffed in a box, and yes, set on the shelter's doorstep.
Went to adopt her today.  Can't take her home till Monday, some state law
crap.  I can't believe I've done this.  She's just a baby.  Mine are a
year, so it will be neat to have a little one around!

Sincerely,
Deziree