Date:
Tue, 1 May 2012 00:18:03 -0700
I bought it several years ago and LOVE this film! I have a review of
it on Amazon from 2004.

11 of 12 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars
What a great little film!, June 26, 2004 By Laura A. Holland
"ferretocious" (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews (REAL NAME)

This review is from: Ring of Bright Water (DVD)
I picked this up from one of those cheap DVD racks in a grocery store
near my home. What drew me in was the otter since I'm a ferret owner
and find these ferret cousins to be equally appealing. I didn't expect
it to be such a nice story with such amazing footage of the adorable
otter, Mij. I'm sure a lot of the interactions between otter and human
had to be ad lib and the result is pure delight. It's also got some
really funny scenes - especially when Mij's owner is buying a train
ticket to Scotland and tells the ticket booth he has a "diving terrier"
and when Mij gets loose on the train. The ensuing events made me
realize Mr. Bean's slapstick was certainly nothing new!

The footage in Scotland is absolutely gorgeous and further convinced me
I need to visit there someday. The story does have some sad moments as
other reviewers have revealed but all in all you're left with a warm
feeling of love between an animal and his owner and that life truly
does go on. If you ve ever loved - and lost - a pet you will truly love
this movie.