Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:37:40 -0600
Less than a year ago, my husband and I were given the honor of being the
new parents to four lovable ferrets.  My friend, who could no longer keep
them, told us that there was no where else that she would rather have
them.  If we could not take them, they would go no where else.

I found Gizmo had passed in his sleep, his body already cold.  He carried
an expression so peaceful that it made me cry to see this peace.  Gizmo
won our hearts over very quickly for he had this crooked tail that always
pointed to one side and not straight out like the others did, and a pear
shape to his body.  His chubby tummy would always seem to be against
gravity as he played, but it did not stop him from being the tough little
tiger he wanted to be.  His face was wonderfully expressive as he would
seem to try and figure out what you were thinking.  The slight tilt of
his head always gave me the feeling that he was listening to every word
we said.  I almost felt as if I should have spelled out a few things just
to make sure he wasn't onto us when it came to going to the vet.

Gizmo was our sweet baby, allowing us to carry him around in our arms, on
his back like he hadn't a care in the world.  He was such a laid back and
easy going ferret... one that comes along every so often... special in so
many ways... no words to truly give the whole picture.  Gizmo's gentle
nature when it came to other ferrets was to him just the ways things were.
To us, we were glad to have one less trouble maker in the group.  He just
took it in stride.

We will never forget Gizmo... fragrant but crooked tail... his adorable and
sweet face that just exuded unconditional love... his tubby little tummy
that jiggled when he ran, and when he played... the excitement in his eyes
when we had licorice, Bob's chicken cubes, and baby food around... the
little tilt of his head... the kisses he gave us every day... his sweet
breath...

Sandy, if you're still there... could you see that Gizmo finds his angel
family especially Dolly, Taero and Bear?  Let him know that his family
misses him so much down here and that one day we will meet up with him
again...

Gizmo, sweet baby... please know we love you and miss you.  Thank you for
blessing us with your presence if only for a time too short...

Betty and James and their Blur O'Fur
Akela, Bella, Charlie, Cherokee, Chook, Gadget, Lace, Mr. B., Mushu,
Ping, Rayden, Sammy, Slim, Spaz, Thalia, Uh-Oh!, and Zsa-Zsa.
Missing Vincent, Hobbes, Max, Tasha, Midge, Titch, Smudge, Rocko,
Tinder, Bear, Taero, Squeegie, Jingles, Dolly and Gizmo.