From:
Dee Eisenman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 08:07:43 PDT
Hello to all you poop-scoopers!

>This is really starting to get under my skin.  We have the "HONOR" of
>being enlightened by someone as knowledgeable as Dr. Bruce Williams and
>people are bitching about it.

Thank you to those of you who were kind enough and mature enough to post
your opinions about Dr. Williams posts without flaming me for mine.  The
person who posted the above, needs to re-read my posts because they were
not "bitching" nor were they rude or inflammatory.  These are the types
of comments that get flaming wars started.  "Bitching" has a negative
connotation, and NONE of what I stated was negative, just inquisitive.
Perhaps this is why the others who disagreed with me, could post civilly
without accusations?  Think about it...

I am worried now about anybody diagnosing a ferret from afar.  Sonya is a
great person and I do feel bad for the loss of Renny, but I still must
disagree with any vet diagnosing a ferret, sight unseen.  Now, as far as a
vet consulting with another vet via phone and sending x-rays or lab work
for evaluation to reach a conclusion, that is much different than say, the
public posting a medical question to a vet online and then going with the
vet's conclusion without the vet examining the ferret OR viewing all the
tests, x-rays, etc... I still think that medical advice beyond ear mites,
and/or other not-as-serious ailments, should be determined via physical
examination - not email or the FML.

To Sukie, I am sorry that vets have been scared off the FML in the past by
rude people, but that is NOT my intention if that is what your post was
implying.  As I have stated, Dr. Williams posts are excellent, and the
reason for mine have been to discourage newbies from taking the advice
instead of going to a vet for a physical exam.  Perhaps I took your post as
directed towards me (since I am the only one who has raised questions about
this)?  Not sure, but rest assured, Dr. Williams is a "gift" to the FML and
I would not ever try to discourage him from posting.  I just do not like
any favoratism or nepitism (sorry, it is too early for me to choose better
words).

Wow!  I am really shocked that Mr. Killian would think calling ferrets a
"hobby" is ok.  Boy is that a scary statement coming from someone who is
a breeder.  I seem to recall several people getting upset over backyard
breeders who do it for a "hobby".  Very alarming comments indeed.

Well, I guess my opinions regarding posting limits are in the minority,
which is fine with me.  Again, thank you to those of you who are mature
enough to respect other peoples' opinions and not flame or accuse.  I
appreciate it and I also respect yours as well.  Very refreshing to see
so much maturity on this.

All the best to the fuzzies and their adoring hoomans!