From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:25:01 -0400
Dear Shelter Mom,
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the great big bag of food and the
other goodies that you brought to us.  Boy have we got full tummies, even
Lucky.  He says he is a growing boy and just has to have those three
bowls of soup for breakfast.  Mama says that he is only growing WIDER,
but she will make sure that he never starves again.

We heard Dad tell Mama that the gallon of Lactaid that he bought for us
has gone up to almost $5.  She says that she would rather have a goat but
since we can not have one in the city we will have to buy Lactaid no
matter what the price is, we like it and it gives us extra protien.

Somebody wrote a book "Cheaper by the Dozen" Oh ya bet their kids did not
need Lupron and Pred.  Right now their are FOUR of us on Lupron and FOUR
of us on Pred..

Mama says it is "spensive but we are worth it.  You should see Anna's
tail.  When she first started on Luporn she got the hair back on her body
but still had her pink rat tail.  Now after 18 months on Lupron She has
pretty white hair all over her tail.

Neko is still having a rough time.  He still gets Lupron and for his
insulinoma he gets Pred EVERY EIGHT HOURS and Mama spoon feeds him soup
and baby food meat EVERY THREE HOURS.  No wonder we use so much baby
food.Even with that sometimes he crashes and then she has to "sub cu"
him.  We watched one night ,he looked so sick and Mama sat up and held
him all night till he was OK again.  You know all about that.  I remember
watching you at the shelter sitting up with sick kids all night too.

From the dozen of us here at St. Gregory's house Thank You.  With all the
surgeries we have had to have and our ages a'gin us we may NOT be Cheaper
by the dozen.  Guess that is why no one wanted to adopt us, they thought
we would be too "spensive.  Now we are no longer "throw away kids" we
have forever homes and food and care and love.  Without You and Mama we
would not have any of that.  so thank you very much.  Mama says we are
all silver or gold plated, guess that means we are real special.

So from a dozen real special hospice kids, a real special THANK YOU,

Phoenix
www.ferretwise.org