From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 07:07:42 PST
Ok, I admit that there are a lot of pet stores out there that are in it
strictly for the money and really don't care about the animals.  But, you
can NOT group all store owners together.  I am lucky enough to live near
a wonderful pet store called "Tyner's Pets" This man has spent his life
rehabilitating hawks and eagles that have been caught in power lines or
shot and left for dead by some tough hunter in the area.  The same care
he gives his birds, he gives to the animals in his store.  More than once
he has recieved a batch of Marshal Farms kits that were barely weened.
Instead of putting them out on display and selling them like many do, he
always puts them "on hold" behind a glassed in display case where people
can't pick up or touch them.  He always makes sure they are eating and
healthy before he even thinks about selling them.  He has quit buying
Marshal Farms ferrets after our discussion over their berading methods
and due to the fact that they are shipped out so young.  I was even more
impressed with he and his daughters attitude with my recent addition.  I
bought Sadie from them 6 months ago, and she has become the sweetest thing.
She sleeps with me, cuddles, but also loves to play with my fiance's 15
year old son.  The min I walk into the house she is no longer my baby.  She
runs looking for Kaden and plays until she drops.  Well, we went into the
pet store about a month ago and fell in love with a little male.  Sweet,
full of love and kisses...by the time I went back he was gone.  A week
later I discovered he was back.  It seems someone bought him, had him for
the weekend and returned him because he was a horrible biter.  Tyner had
him again in the back away from stress and people wanting to pick up and
hold him.  While I was there I watched him turn away 2 or 3 people wanting
to hold him, explaining he was a special case.  After everyone left he
allowed me to go in and hold him, since he knows me so well and I'd
understand if the little guy chomped down in a death grip.  I picked the
little bugger up, talked to him and he kissed me!  Martin was suprised,
but not that suprised.  He asked me if I wanted him, and how could I
resist....the final say was Sadie though, so I went and got her and
introduced them.  I've had him for less than a week, and the two have
become fast friends....Thanks to a PET STORE OWNER, Simon found a home he
felt comfortable in and he hasn't been abused for biting.  Because a PET
STORE OWNER actually cared, I have two very happy babies, and a Fiance and
3 teenagers who think their "brother and sister" and the most wonderful
thing in the world.

So, please don't group all pet stores together.  They really are NOT the
same.

*HUGS and KISSES* to all...and give your babies a raisin on Sadie and Simon
All My Love, Cricket