From:
Tim and Denise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 13:17:42 -0500
This is in answer to the question about ferrets and reflections...Shamus
caught sight of himself in a full-length mirror that was propped against the
wall.  He sniffed and pawed at it, getting up on his hind legs, and then
went behind the mirror to look for the other ferret.  He went back and forth
at least four times until he gave up.  It was obvious that he was reacting
to his reflection.  I think it was because he encountered it on the floor.
He doesnt show any interest if I hold him up to his reflection, say, in the
bathroom mirror.