Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2012 01:39:14 -0700
What they call "horse pellets" at farm/feed stores are just wood
stove pellets which yes - many of use. I use them for both my cats
and ferrets and would never think of using anything else.

The problem, though, with what they usually call "horse pellets" is
that they are usually bits and pieces of wood stove pellets. I bought
these once and they didn't last nearly as long as the regular wood
stove pellets since the pieces are broken up. They're basically the
"reject" wood stove pellets

They're really not much cheaper than the regular wood stove pellets
and since they don't last very long, not worth the lower price. Go
with the intact wood stove pellets.

Of course a store by you may call regular wood stove pellets "horse
pellets" so just look at them before buying them. Hopefully they're
in a clear bag so you can see if they're full pellets or pieces and
sawdust.

Laura