From:
Gerri Himberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:30:33 -0700
Thank you to all who helped me track down where my rescue boy,
"Somi" came from. Especially Carole and Denise, who gave me contact
information and how he may have ended up in Colorado. The scary part
is that the Canadian ferrets are being advertised for sale at 6 weeks
and up, on the internet, which means they are getting them younger than
that, to have them ready for sale here in the state. In researching
these ferrets, I have come across some articles which have some very
bad information about ferrets in general- for instance, they should
never be fed a meat based diet, and only be given fruits and vegatables
as treats. Scary. I never got a chance to really know this little one,
he was always very sweet. Everything else I have come across is telling
me that these guys are like the other Canadians I have- pushy and just
a touch stubborn and difficult:-) Still, I am glad I had the chance to
know him, and thank you again to Carole and Denise, for the help. and
the chance to get to know yet another farm- more information is always
better.

- Gerri