From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 10:28:21 -0700
I bought a container of dog formula Nupro.  Is this OK to use for
ferrets or do I have to get that specially for them.

From what I have read of ingredients the only difference is the ferret
formula does not have ground borage seed in it.  Although I feed only
high quality foods one white male has had twice what looks like a "hot
spot" on his side but scraping and cytolgy found nothing.  It does not
weep, just hair loss in an oval.  He is young, had hairball surgery a
year ago.  He was turned in the humane society almost dead from not
being able to eat.  I saved him with sub-q fluids and Bob C's chicken
gravy.  So I thought I would try some Nupro and see if it helps.

Carol