From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:31:07 -0700
Melissa,

I don't know what past posts you have been offended by, but I appreciate
your opinions.  I am the first to admit that my posts are often
controversial but definitely are NOT meant to cause hurt.  If you are
referring to my posts in defense of accusations made by a particular
couple/family on the FML, then I am also sorry because you don't have
the full story on what has transpired in the past.  I apologize that you,
as an FML reader, were subjected to such negativity.

I truly believe that everyone on this list is here for the good of the
ferrets.  Unfortunately, there have been some very questionable posts
(whether fraudulent or otherwise) that people are/were very upset by.
Anytime someone lets a ferret die because of being stubborn and anytime the
FML has rallied around someone to try and pursuade them to do the right
thing (especially when they repeatedly ask for advice and don't listen),
and the ferret is put at risk, more often than not there are going to be
MANY FML readers who are outraged.  I am outraged at the idea that a jill
is going to die because her owner is stubborn or wont listen.  However, I
never resorted to name-calling, and if you read the post I made yesterday,
you will understand my request and motives for doing so.  I do not dislike
Matan, nor do I believe Matan is stupid, I simply would like to know who
Matan is before I commit myself to any further communication.  In this day
and age of Internet stalking, hackers and psychos, I feel that safety must
come first.  Sorry if you disagree.

I have learned from the police not to trust anyone online.  Then when I see
that someone was actually posing as Sukie, I really sit up and take note.
The FML is not immune from malicious people.  There are some out there that
seem to get a thrill through using their computer savvy.  According to my
sources, regulation will happen but it is taking forever to get it passed.
Isn't it sad that so much crime, hacking and fraud takes place over the
Internet to the point of it having to be regulated?

Well, just wanted to provide you with an apology for your being offended
or you perceiving the intent of my post in the wrong way.  I do know you
have been talking to someone on this list regarding me, and that your
opinions may be biased by this persons/family's comments.  Keep in mind,
it certainly takes two!

Wishing you and yours the best!  Warm fuzzy hugs and dooks to you.