Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2008 11:12:05 -0500
I have no idea why anyone would be saying turkey is bad for a
carnivore. Even a dog, which might have some trouble digesting the
very fatty skin, should have no trouble with turkey meat. Many pets
have chicken sensitivities, but turkey usually sits well with even
them. My ferrets are all on a raw diet and turkey is a staple in my
house! Turkey necks make great chew treats, and though most of the
bones are too big for ferrets to break down and eat, the meat & organs
are both very good for them! Just make sure any turkey you offer them
is unseasoned. Mine get it completely raw, but if it makes you feel
better, I know many people par-boil it beforehand. In your soup
recipe, it's a great, healthy addition.

Hope this helps,

Erinn