Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 06:41:07 -0700
My first ferret Loki was the perfect first ferret.  He was calm, well
behaved, sweet, and playful.  I have had 15 ferrets in addition to him
(currently have 12 of them...) and I think his loving nature as my
introduction to ferrets is why.

Loki loved little pieces of fresh green pepper as a treat.  Early on we
taught him tostand up to get his treat.  Then he realized we kept the
green pepper in the fridge.  So what did this smart boy do?  When he had
it in his mind he wanted a treat he would run to the fridge and stand up
then look around expentantly for his green pepper.

Still makes me smile to think about it :)

Star

=====
In the best of times, I hold in my mind the need to care for things
beyond the self: poetry, humanity, grace.  In other times, when it seems
difficult merely to survive and be happy about it, the condition of my
thought tastes as simple as this: let me be a good animal today.
-Barbara Kingsolver, "High Tide in Tuscon"
~*~*~
http://foxfoot.tripod.com/