From:
EI - Lydia Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 08:21:35 -0400
I don't know if I posted about Ossi and Snickers or not but we almost lost
Ossi when I brought Snickers home from the vet.  He stopped eating I know
he lost a good pound.  Thank God he was a big boy.  It was horrible I felt
so bad.  Being a newbie I didn't know about new baby stress.  I had to hand
feed Ossi every 4 hrs and it got to the point I was force feeding.  The
only thing he would take on his own was water.  So I started soaking his
food in the water thinking that if he even got some of the nourishment from
the food it would help.  Finally one day he started eating on his owns
again.  It is amazing what these little guys go through.  We are now adding
Sassy to our crew and Snicker is having a fit.  Beating the crap out of
Sassy.  I did end up putting bitter apple on Sassy and the fights have
calmed down.  The hard part is Sassy and Snickers are both very alpha.
Sassy is always attacking somebody.  Lucky for me Sassy is gaining weight
and getting where she can hold her own.  When Sassy came to us she was only
11oz now she is 1.6 yahooo

Lydia and the crew
Snickers, Casper, Bubba, Smokey, Trooper, Sassy
Missing Mr. Snowman. Isis, and Ossi
http://www.HLRConnect.com/ferrets/