From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2010 22:59:55 -0400
We were just contacted by a humane organization from central VT -
Montpelier. Someone there needs to surrender 8 ferrets.

At this point Vanessa has not yet had the chance to connect directly
but hope to do so and get further details. (We connected with these
folks through the New England Federation of Humane Societies conference
last month and we chatted at length with them. They have no other
ferret shelter contacts, no facilities for ferrets, and most
importantly no knowledge of them. That being said, not sure we'll
be getting any specifics on age/sex/etc unless that comes from the
person surrendering them.

FACT can take a few, but we just aren't in a position to take all 8
especially all at once.

Are there any shelters (or potential adopters?) who may be able to take
any of these kids? Also, is there anyone who may be able to help with
some of the transport? Never been to Montpelier, but gather it's about
200 miles from Hartford.

If anyone can help, please email me directly.

Thanks!

Ann Gruden