From:
Charlene Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 12:22:51 -0400
Hello to all the fuzzies & their owners!  I have owned ferrets for the past
10 years and think they are the greatest pets in the world!  I would love
to breed them myself to try to discourage purchasing through pet stores.
If anyone has information on breeding, please post or email me directly.
I live in Baltimore County, Maryland, and there are a few stores in my
area that sell ferrets.  One is PetCo which carries MF & House of Tropicals
that carry PF.  Like others who post, I am sooo disgusted with the way
these pet stores handle, confine, and over all care for the little fuzzies.
I personally rescued one because she was a very bad bitter and already 12
weeks old.  The store employee told me no one would buy her because she
bite worse than the others.  I couldn't see someone buying her because she
was "pretty" (she's a cinnamon) and then getting rid of her, again and
again and again.  Know what I'm saying.  Well, the little girl is 1 1/2
now, still bites, but not as bad.

There a lot of other reasons why I would like to breed ferrets.  I realize
how much time & money can go into the process, but I would like to try.
So, anyone that can point me in the right direction (info, websites, books,
etc.), please post or email me.

Thanks again!

Char, Owned by Cosmo & Hailee
www.LostHiway.com