From:
Patricia Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 12:10:52 -0700
Hi Guys,

Everyone has been so kind and helpful about my found fuzzy "Fred."  I
thought that just maybe there might be other ferret folks here in South
Dakota with information on good vets.  I live in Western South Dakota
just a few miles from the Wyoming/Montana line.  If anyone knows of a
ferret vet anywhere in this general area, I'd sure appreciate it.  Fred
seems very healthy right now, but you never know.

Also, does anyone know of a ferret rescue or shelter in my area?  I can
easily see myself with more fuzzbutts in my life.  What I want to know is
why I've never really even heard of these adorable babies before?  At 50
something, you'd think an animal lover like me would have stumbled on to
these little prizes before now, wouldn't you?

And a P.S. to my first post, Fred is becoming more and more frisky with
each passing day.  Between the Ferretvites and the new food he actually
ran yesterday!  It was hilarious!  My two grandsons, 3 and 4, live with
me; and Fred loves them.  They would run, and he would chase them.  Then
he would run, and they would chase him.  Hide and seek is becoming a fun
game, too.  I do have to pick up all the small trash baskets, though,
because he LOVES to crawl into them and steal the grocery bags I use to
line them.  He's beginning to play games with our little red mini
Dachshund, too.  So, all in all I'm happy with Fred's improvement.

One last question.  How do you go about bathing a fuzzy, and what shampoo
should you use?  I can't imagine giving Fred a bath, he's so wiggly, but
I'll give it a try.  Also, how often should he be bathed?

Oops, I lied.  I do have one more question.  I've been seeing a lot about
Rainbow Bridge.  Apparently it has something to do with fuzzies who have
passed over, but could someone explain?

Thanks for all the great help I know i'm going to get.

South Dakota Ferret Mom
Pat