From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 00:37:55 -0500
While we were in Las Vegas, it appeared that an emergency rescue of
about 100 ferrets was going to be necessary.  Once again, the
generosity of the ferret community made itself beautifully evident,
and they raised $505 towards the $1000 that would have been needed to
test the ferrets for ADV before they could be placed.  Fortunately,
it has turned out not to be necessary to go ahead with this rescue.

The rescue donations were given to Support Our Shelters to handle.
$255 of the gifts were given as checks, so I have contacted those
donors to ask whether I should return the checks or apply the
donations to the Utah rescue or another shelter.  The rest of the
gifts were in cash, and we don't know the donors.

S.O.S. would like those kind donors to know that their gifts will be
used to pay vet bills for shelter ferrets.  You can be sure that you
have given towards keeping a ferret (and a shelter) alive.  If you
would like to email me about this, please do.

Blessings
Judith
--
* * * Support Our Shelters * * *