From:
DONNA J BROWN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 May 1998 16:26:39 -0500
Hello.  Luckily my husband is bi-lingual in French so here is the
translation for you.

Donna, Jeff, and Ferris

Date:    Fri, 15 May 1998 11:24:05 +0200
From:    Christian Furelaud <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: message in the bottle

>Un petit bonjour de France pour tous les passionnis de furets des Etats
>Unis et du Canada.

A little "hello" from France for all the ferret lovers in the U.S. and
Canada.

>Les frangais grand consommateur de cuisses de grenouilles et d'escargots
>commengent ` considirer nos amis les furets comme des animaux de compagnie.

The french, great consumers of frog legs and snails, have come to consider
our friends the ferrets as pets.

>Ils itaient nianmoins prisents depuis trhs longtemps dans nos campagnes et
>utilisis plus ou moins licitement pour la chasse.

They have been present for a long time in our countrysides and used
sometimes in hunting.

>Au prhs des niophytes ils font encore figure d animaux agressifs et
>dangereux.

There are some neophytes who paint a picture of these animals as agressive
and dangerous.

>Fort heureusement les possesseurs de furets de compagnie s'ifforcent de
>faire connantre ces charmants petits animaux,.  Et le nombre de nos petits
>amis ` poil ne cesse de grandir.

Very fortunately the owners of ferrets have brought themselves to know
these charming little animals, and the number of our little furry friends
never stops growing.

>Il n est pas trhs facile de s en procurer, peu de pets shop en proposent `
>la vente.

It isn't very easy to procure one; few pet shops sell them.

>Le plus giniralement ils proviennent d amateurs iclairis qui posshdent un
>couple et le font reproduire.

Most usually, they are provided by amateur breeders who own a couple and
allow them to reproduce.

>J ai, pour me tenir compagnie une petite femelle au pelage putoisi de 2 ans
>ripondant au nom de Miss, qui par son affection me comble de bonheur.

I have, to keep me company, a little female [with mitts?] of 2 years old who
answers to the name of Miss, who by her affection keeps me in good humor.

>j aimerais pouvoir ichanger des informations sur les furets ( en langue
>frangaise de prifirence ne mantrisant pas bien l anglais )

I would very much like to be able to exchange information on ferrets (in
the language of French preferably since I am not as good in english).

>Christian (France Essonne)

>[Moderator's note: I'm told this roughly says that ferrets are getting
>slightly more popular with the French and Christian invites people to
>correspond in French, directly. BIG]

[Translator's note: my french is very rough since I haven't used it actively
for a long time.  My apologies for my imprecise interpretations .  I wish I
still had my french-english dictionary around; I think I missed the word for
Miss's coloring ... ]