From:
Bill and Michelle Echols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:26:51 -0700
ok folks, we've all heard the stories about the evil California border
ferret killers....

When we moved to AZ, we came via Ore, Idaho, and Utah.  That was last
July... dry road, no snow, etc.With the weather being horrific this time
of year, and the move having to be made before March, I'm more afraid of
going off the road with the 12 elderly co-pilot weasels on a snowy pass
than trying to sneak em thru the border from Phoenix to LaLa and driving
em up the I-5 corridor.

I've looked at the by-pass roads that are posted on ferrets anon, and am
certainly willing to give that a go.... but, I've also heard that the
checkpoints have been closed!  So, Those near the AZ/CA border, are the
checkpoints still in effect?(Blythe, CA)

Anyone know of a safer way to get from the Phoenix area onto I-5 heading
north??

Also, are there other periodic checkpoints on I-5 going north after
getting into Calif???

Have heard that with out of state plates (WA), there is a greater risk
of being pulled over just for chuckles n giggles as well.

If it's still really ugly for the fuzzies to try n sneak home via CA,
will attempt said drive thru the passes n the blizzards, n the snow,
and the 18 wheelers sliding sideways at us..... but dang!  Think the
weasels would rather travel with their driver not making continual
ferret distress screams for 1500 plus miles!

Dooks to all, Michelle, Willie, &... Xena, Harmony, Poof, Da Z man,
'Cooter (our only non geriatric), Bu, Flake, Sunshine, Fang, Wolfgang,
Leaper, and sweet Mattie