From:
Kathleen Hourihan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 15:06:22 -0300
I was in the pet store at the mall, and noticed they had a male ferret for
sale.  I of course asked to see it.

He is a big sable intact male, very friendly.  However, he has absolutely
no hair on his tail at all- it is completely bald!  The woman working said
that this was becasue he is intact, that his urine is so strong that it
burned the hair off.  This doesn't sound right to me unless he rubbed his
entire tail in urine, top, sides and even right at the base.  Also, he has
little scab-like rashes in places on his body and the fur is a little thin
there.

Is the urine really burning the hair off his tail?  Or does he have a
disease?

Thanks in advance.

Charlie and
Chantal