From:
Kelly Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 16:36:13 -0700
This is a letter I sent to Marshall Farms.

To whom it may concern,

I recently purchased a Marshall Farms baby kit from my local pet store.  I
had him less than 24 hours when he began sneezing and his eye was sealed
shut due to cold in his eye.  Of course the pet store owner said it was
not her fault.  But she also said he was a silver mitt and he's not.

However that is not my main concern.  I traveled out of town yesterday to a
well known pet store, and asked if they had any ferrets as I was curious
and am an avid ferret owner.  I am very knowledgable in the ferret field
and have heard from many people including the pet store owner that I
visited yesterday that you use 90% of your ferrets for experimental
purposes.  I have also been told by many people including the pet store
that quit dealing with you due to these accusations that your ferrets don't
live as long as private breeder ferrets because of your breeding practices.
A lot have cancer later on in life as well as many other illnesses that
normally wouldn't happen if you were breeding properly instead of just
using your ferrets as baby makers and thats it.

I have also been told you have a puppy mill you are doing the same with.
How do you justify these accusations being made against you?  How can you
sleep at night?  I am in Outrage that people like you exist.  Don't you
feel bad?  I guess to some people money means more than the quality of
life.

Kelly - Owner of 2 Marshall Farms Ferrets.
Ferrethead - 3.5 years, Syman- 7 weeks old