From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2010 17:53:18 -0700
Wow. Just two days ago I wrote of Dr. Bruce William's 2003 article on
lymphoma, highlighting his encouragement of owners who are faced with
this disease in their pet, to focus on your time left with them and to
enjoy your last dance. I also wrote of my last dance with Little Feet
and the lesson he taught me. That lesson was to make the life you share
with your pets the Sweetest dance everyday as any day could be their
last. Currently, ten ferrets have picked us to live with and each came
from worse conditions than they have found at our home. Just today as
we discussed the necropsy report of our beloved Eggie Bear, who passed
so unexpectedly last night, we laughed as we talked about his rough
life here. Daily runs to the lounging rug in the kitchen where, if he
rolled over and looked at us in his tilted head fashion, he survived
unlimited treats. He always had a pair of feet to chew on, others to
play with, new boxes with interesting smells, a human to hug and hold
him, gifts from ferret friends across the country, soft bedding and a
taste of "Tone," every night before bed.

The lymphoma came quietly and fooled us with its insulinoma like
symptoms. His "down time" was really only three days. Eggie was not
really a kissy kind of guy. He preferred nibbling. He particularly
preferred nibbling my feet. Yesterday as I readied him to go to the vet
for blood work he gave me both kisses and gentle bites. I noticed that
and thanked him. Later in the afternoon when I brought him home I got
more kisses. I knew then our last dance was only hours long. I asked
the angels to come walk Eggie Bear to the Bridge in the light of
Grandmother Moon. She was so brilliant and beautiful. I walked about
the yard in the wee hours with Charles, Charlie Barlie Bear in my arms
and our faithful, warrior cat, Pugsly, at my side. I thought of Eggie
and the timing of his passing with the timing of the FML post. I
believe Eggie Bear was telling me he had had the Sweetest Dance with
his family.

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3