From:
Angie Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:42:22 -0600
I got a new ferret almost 2 months ago, and I am still trying to figure
her out!  Mocha is only 4 months old and the only other ferret I ever had
was an adult when I got her (she is 5 now, and I still have her.  The two
get along great).  So I don't know much about young ferrets.  Mocha loves
to run around.  She is so much fun to watch, but whenever I try to pick
her up, she nips at me or just runs away.  I scruff her when she nips,
but how do I get her to stop running away from me??  She also bites my
boyfriend's feet-HARD!  (She doesn't touch mine, though!)  I know that
young ferrets don't cuddle very much, but is there a way to train them to
come to you?  It's getting hard to put her back in her cage after play
time, because she runs away from me!  I really love her, and I think she
does too, but I just need some help with this one little problem!  Also,
what can my boyfriend do to get her to stop biting his feet?