From:
lilrebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:51:21 -0400
I would like to know if anyone has had a ferret with Lukemia....I noticed
that my little girl Gabrielle was looking and feeling thin....she's a
petite thing to begin with and for her to be any smaller would be bad...

Well, just got home from the Vet's office with her, they needed to get a
blood sample, I had to leave her overnight....due to the fact that they
sedated her to get the sample and wanted to watch her.

Anyway, I need information from anyone who may have had a ferret with
this...I have a prescription for Pediapred to give her for 21/2 weeks...
She said it was like a kemo therapy.  I have to bring her back on the 20th
this month.

Please e-mail me here with any info...and maybe what I have to look forward
to.  Our house just lost a dog to cancer, now this news...My first ferret
went in three days before for soft and odorous poops and he's been on meds
too(metronidazole) ...The vet felt his glands(lymph)felt alittle swollen.

I hope everything turns out for the better...

My e-mail is : [log in to unmask]
Heidi H