From:
Connie Gaddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:42:06 GMT
I did not adopt one of the Hagerstown kids, but I did adopt a Rocky's
shelter baby.  She was brought to me in Texas during the same transport
as Tea's and Leanne's babies.  She is the most awesome silver blaze I've
ever seen.  Her name is Sabrina.

I adopted her site unseen and trusted Leanne (who traveled from Texas to
Maryland to help out at the shelter) and Barb to choose the one they
thought would be the best "fit" for my group.  Of course Barb has never
met my babies, but Leanne had so I left it up to her to decide for me.

When Sabrina came home, I immediately let her get acquainted with her 6
new brothers and sisters.  They all got along instantly.  No fighting
what so ever.  She spent her first night in the same cage as everyone
else.  It was like she always belonged.

Sabrina has the softest, most beautiful silver coat I have ever seen.  I
couldn't believe how wonderful she looked.  It was hard to believe she
had been a shelter kid and had traveled 2000 miles to Texas.  It was
obvious she had been very well taken care of prior to her arrival in
Texas.

For those who question the care that the Hagerstown babies are receiving,
I can assure you they are getting excellent care.  Sabrina is not a
Hagerstown baby, but she did come from Rocky's.  She is one of the
healthiest, prettiest ferrets I have ever seen.

For those involved in the transport, I cannot thank you enough for
bringing this little treasure to me.  Thank you so much Barb for trusting
me to care for this little bundle of joy.  And Leanne, for choosing her
for me.  You couldn't have picked out a better fuzz to join my group.  I
am so grateful to all of you.

Connie, Slinky, Snickers, Sheyenne, Speedy, Scamp, Sherman and Sabrina.