From:
paul_jamison8742 Last Name <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 05:48:06 -0800
Tara Radford said:

>You REALLY know you're a ferret owner when:
>
>You call Dr.Williams to ask about your mom and sons' really ugly viral
>infections (mom was hospitalized) because you do not trust that the Drs.
>here are ferret/friendly which in your brain translates to
>people/friendly............!!

This reminds me of something Terry Pratchett said on Usenet about his
fantasy world Discworld:

"I think that sick people in Ankh-Morpork [the primary city in the
Discworld series] generally go to a vet.  It's generally a better bet.
There's more pressure on a vet to get it right.  People say "it was god's
will" when granny dies, but they get *angry* when they lose a cow."

>Dr.Williams has been sick since Thursday as well BUT you notice he has
>still been answering your questions on a nightly basis...I for one,think
>he deserves a "HUGE THANK YOU" on our part !!!!!!!!!

Indeed, Dr. Williams is one of the many treasures to be found on the FML.