From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 13:24:11 +0100
Spooky came home on Friday.  The vet said that I could look after Spooky
just as well as they could.

On Saturday I was wondering if I was doing the right thing keeping her
going.  Sunday showed a marked improvement in her... she looked brighter.
I had put a handful of her usual Ferrets Choice food in my food processor
and added water to it to make a smooth sloppy mixture.  Spooky was happy
to lick it off a spoon and she took quite a bit of the mixture.

She woke up around 4 am this morning drinking from her water bottle - the
ball bearing sure makes a noise early in the morning.  She's also had some
of her dry food.  I'm still feeding her the liquidised version it's less
effort for her to take in nourishment.

After watching her doing her best to walk yesterday I and a number of other
ferret keepers reckoned it could be neurological.  She has a definite
weakness down the right side of her body...

I am now wondering if Spooky has had a stroke... She was overweight -
however, the extra weight has helped to keep her going over the past week.

9 days ago Spooky couldn't walk, she was dehydrated, discharge from eyes
and nose, wasn't eating or drinking, her head tended to be carried thrown
back, temperature 99.9f.  She did pass some bloody loose stools..

The vet is still waiting for the results of the tests from the laboratory.

--
Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare.