From:
Bernard Beaupin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 12:31:40 -0500
well her goes...i've been lurking for awhile now and haven't posted anything
yet.  everyone seems to ask and answer the questions i have had.  thanks and
keep up the good work.

a friend of mine subscribed to MFM and i love it.  i did not see the
original post flaming MFM but am very disturbed to hear about this.  the
reason is that in fighting and bickering will never serve to advance any
cause, good or bad.  i know from personal experience.  my profession, which
will remain nameless, suffers from tremendous infighting and politicking by
various groups who all have, oddly enough, the same goal.  that is greater
respect, acceptance, and understanding for what the profession stands for
and what it can do.  unforunately our "enemies" pick up on this to sway
politicians and the public from what it is we stand for to a "look at how
pathetic these people are, don't give them any regard until they get their
own house in order" attitude.  this applies equally to ferrets and their
legal ownership and the perception of them by the public.  laws to fully
recognize and protect our little fuzz-heads will only be passed with a
united front, no matter how much we disagree with each other in private.
don't think that just because one person or group doesn't 'like" one
particular magazine that that isn't enough for our detractors to beat us
over the head with our own divisiveness, actual or not.  when we have the
good fortune of having individuals who put forth the kind of effort that has
been shown by the MFM people we must ALL stand behind them and with them in
order to make our voice stronger regarding ferrets as domestic pets.  This
will hopefully spur others, commercial or not, to produce other literature,
toys, food, etc.  which will broaden ferrets' appeal to the public.  to
flame and state opinions based on the "look" or "content" of the only
magazine representing ferrets in a very positive light is just plain short
sighted.  wait until there are other regularly published magazines to
compare it to, then make your opinions known to the editors, not the public.
this goes equally for supporting ferrets usa, you may not like it, it may
contain some poor ferret advice but it is positive and we need them on our
side.

sorry for the lecture, i promise i won't post such a long winded diatribe
again.

waiting to be flamed mercilessly,

bernard&bungee
bungee says: "you idiot you make no sense, come here let me bite your
toes....now get me some raisins!!"