From:
James Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 19:29:58 -0700
Sandee,

With the recent events in this country, I thought I'd wait a little to ask
you to look in on my Fiona.  She should already be wandering around the
bridge, she should be with a "rescue" friend of hers, who arrived with
her.  The both went to the vets on the 12th, the day after the horrific
tragedy in New York.

Fiona went to the vets for Adrenal surgery, as did Leo.  Leo was hoping to
find a home after recovering from his surgery, and Fiona of course would
continue to live with us since we adopted her from a shelter 11 months
ago.

Fiona should have had an easy time of the surgery, as her case didn't
appear to be that advanced, other than losing some hair on her tail, but
better to get it taken care of...right?

Our vet, lost her once on the table, but got her back and finished the
procedure.  It was a little tricky, but said she should be fine after
recovery.  I was thrilled.

Leo also came thru his surgery with apparent flying colors.  No problems
during the surgery, and even started to eat some food when he awoke.

They both had to stay at the vets overnight for recovery, and we would
pick them up the next day.  I received a call early the next morning from
the vet himself.  He said that Fiona was gone, sometime during the
night...and Leo had also gone during the night.

Please check on them and tell them we wished we could have been there for
them..they deserved to have someone be there to hold them...instead of
just a dark cage at night.

Tell Fiona that I'm sorry I put her through the surgery...she would still
be here with us if I hadn't been in such a hurry to get her a new coat of
fur on her tail.  Maybe my Oliver, who left us in December, can show Leo
and Fiona around.

Tell them all I love and miss them and will see them again someday.