From:
Deba Brezden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 18:50:05 -0700
Dook Dook and Hi FML ;O)

We wish each and every one of ya a truly dooky day!  And keep this entire
list within our prayers for God's Grace and Mercy for you all daily.
Thought we'd share an 'intro'to our dear Ferris his self with ya today.
Afterall, he does have a great deal of'personality'uniquely his own, as his
kind normally do, an fert friends will likely enjoy a li'l bit of a chuckle
'meeting' my furry son.  Together now 31/2 yrs, Ferris had spent his first 6
months of life elsewhere, an is now near 4 yrs old him self.  He is avg
sable type coloration, with marked seasonal changes with his beautiful coat,
a complete diff color each new growth as time passes.  He had developed a
small bald spot on his tail his very first winter, but it grew in fine his
second spring an he's never had it again since, nowadays (at 4) he has
beautiful soft and shiny fur and healthy skin.  Ferris, 17th in a long line
of ferret children here, holds two distinct honors as such, one he's by all
means the tiniest little fert ever, and two he by all means has da most
attitude of any of da ferts I've known!  He weighs all a 2 lbs. is smaller
than any female ferret I've known,but he's vibrantly fulla spunk, an has had
the enjoyment thus far of having absolute health & vitality within every
li'l bit of him self that does exist.  If he does have any
shortcomings/discontentments in life,they're nominal, and likely of a
probable psychological type nature, he's a bit of an eccentric sort.
Evident in his having convinced him self he is in charge here, an is
demonstrated fully, and frequently, by his own utter disdain of being 'told'
what NOT to do, an event eliciting a disgusted hiss, or two, and a narrow
eyed look of bitter resentment as we comply.  Within jus minutes time, he's
crawling up my leg lookin to be reassured everything's really okay, and
askin me "ya didn't really mean it did ya mom?  Ya still loves me right mom?
I'm really da boss huh mom?" and then in the blink of an eye, he's back to
whatever he'd been up to before my rude interuption!  I of course, crack
right up!  Ya just gotta love that kinda determination!  Ferris has a real
'obsession'thing goin on when it comes to 'his stuff',(which a'course is as
he's concerned, everything!) and hates it bein touched!  He even gets upset
if the toys are touching the other toys for goodness sake!  Makes playin
wierd at times, cause he will get ticked now and again if ya like roll the
ball, or tube for him or somthin, (and again I of course crack up!) usually
I just ignore him and keep on rolling it, he usually ends up in a dancing
frenzy over it all and attacks my foot, so I know my intrusion on his
stuff's been all forgiven.  He has tons of toys, likes stuff like empty bags
best of all, or a somthin he knows he can't have, and loves a bowl of water
which he uses ta 'scuba dive'n'dig' he jus adores a fresh spilled water
mess!  He don't go in much for cuddlin, or sittin in laps (unless
tuckered!), but he absolutely loves havin his back spine rubbed as he lays
on his side licking ya, an in particular one tiny spot, at da very base of
da tail, which if ya rub jus right, he's asleep in no time!  Well, hope ya
enjoyed knowing a bit more about my little one, we'll share more of him self
in days ahead too.  Apart from this, I'd like to share a few comments re:

>From: Kathy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: My picky little boy
>I'm worried about my new ferret not eating anything other Vita-vittles
>ferretfood.(I got him at6months age)I am at my wits end trying to get
>him to eat something new. I try everything SURPRISINGLY heis not even
>interested in cream cheese or sweets such as icecream!!I never had a
>ferret this picky.am sure it's not good for him to eat onlyone thing.
>Is there any hope??  SEND HELP!!

Kathy, ya didn't say here, but I'm going to'assume', your little ferret
friend is pefectly healthy at this time.  Unless there is some evident
problem which has presented itself indicating the diet's inadequate now, I
just don't understand why it is that you are so 'very'concerned about it?
Like to ask ya a question I wondered readin your post.  Ya say that, ya
tried 'even' such items as crm cheese & ice crm, so, if indeed then your
little friend had enjoyed these, would it've served to dispel your
'concern'?  I also find myself curious; if he liked it you'd then offer the
same at what frequency?  While I'm, not familiar with "Vita-vittles" you
mention, I believe there's several quality'foods'in ferret, kitten, and
specl cat form to choose from, an according to your ferret's needs, it's
MOHO long as our ferts have good appetites and it's any one of the 'staple'
diets satisfying it, they'll be 'healthier' than feeding stuff like
sugar&spice in 'exchange'of a portion of the other.  A treat, be it cheerio,
raisin, bone, red licorce, is jus great, fer a bonus!  But, it should never
be given in such degree as to effect intake of the staple itself.  Ferrets
can I assure you, live a long & healthy life eating only 'staple food', just
as true, they don't do so if the 'staple diet' does become inadequate.  A
treat's just that, yer fert can live without them, there's just no such
thing as 'treat deficiancy', All ferts really are individuals, apart from
the fact, like us, they're all the same species, so being unique, they do
all have their own 'tastes'&'preferences'.  I'd suggest you keep offerin'em
diff items, one day ya'll be surprized by a eager acceptance, I think I'd
offer items which if accepted may be most beneficial, rather than sweets &
stuff, because if ya do discover your baby likes it, ya just have ta
restrict giving anyway.  An meanwhile, if nothing ever offered is taken,
long as da fert is healthy, well I say, kay sah rah sah rah, and Praise the
Lord!  Why fret it any.  Enjoy!  And finally ... 'bout yummy Thanksgiving
dinners ...

>Yum.Speaking as a damn Yankee,I can say that menu sounds delicious.  The
>only difference I can see between it and a traditional Yankee Thanksgiving
>is the cornbread dressing.I usually go regular bread stuffing, but corn
>bread sounds yummy too.I suppose"traditional" pie would be pumpkin, but I
>actually like pecan better my late greataunt used to make the best pecan
>pies you ever tasted.  Double yum.  Karen and the Five Frenetic Ferreteers

Speaking as a Crazy Canuk, Yum Yum on both counts!!In Canada we add to da
list of 'traditional' ingredients with both pan gravy, & a'course, brussel
sprouts.  Da split on pumpkin/pecan pie is likely 50/50 down da middle, tho
I'm da pecan meself!  An too thar's da little matter of youz guys celebratin
weeks late eh!  <giggle> An Bye Fer Now Folks ;O)

--
Fightin Furiously Fer Ferrets Freedoms
Ferris (Get down? Whatta ya mean get down? Hithhhh nerva som folks!)