From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 1996 08:48:18 -0400
>My vet is leaving town - she does almost all the ferrets here.  I was
>"interviewing" a prospective new vet and here is a bit of his conversation.
>...Am I being to hard on the guy?

Be VERY hard on the guy.  I almost paid with my ferret's life when, over 10
years ago, I could not find a ferret knowledgeable vet and accepted a
cat/dog vet.  I won't bore you with the whole story, but this vet, though
the sweetest guy in the world, first diagnosed that Sid needed his teeth
cleaned (?).  I dunno, something about the bacteria on his teeth possibly
causing a problem.  He also said he had an enlarged liver and even showed me
on the x-rays.

Thank god I had the good sense to keep seeking a knowledgeable vet and get a
second opinion.  we found a vet with lots of ferret experience and Sid had a
very large SPLEEN removed and two small rubber disks removed from his
stomach.  There was nothing wrong with his liver but his teeth were really
clean.

 Mike