From:
Heather Hildebrandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 1994 08:52:16 -0500
Hello, there has been a great deal of discusion lately
about bathing ferrets and such.  Here is what we do:

I let the three ferrets run around in an enclosed
bath room and adjust the shower temperature.  Running
water interests our three, but they _hate_ baths.  I
get into the shower and proceed to grab one, bath it
using baby shampoo, and let it out to romp on the bath
room floor that is covered in towels.  This proceedure
is then repeated with the other two.

I see many benefits with this proceedure.  First, shampoo
can be rinsed off at an angle, thus avoiding the eyes.
The ferrets are not in a bath which firstly terrifies them
and secondly seems to give them a chill.  It also has the
added benefit of being a bit less messy for us: no ferrets
splashing trying to get out and a needed shower for me to
boot.  The final benefit that I have noticed with my three
is that the closeness to my body as I hold them while
shampooing seems to calm them and they rarely struggle.

I hope this helps someone out there.  Oh, for the record
they get a bath only when they begin to _really_ stink-
and never in the winter.  This usually comes out to be
about three or four times a year.

Happy New Year,
Heather and Mike
Pickle (sable male)