Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 1994 19:23:09 -0500
We bought our pup a dog bed recently - since she's a deerhound, we had to get
the largest size we could find (52" diameter).   Well, she seems somewhat
ambivalent towards it - but Fezzik (our youngest ferret) thinks its a GREAT
place to sleep.   So, we've got this HUGE dog bed with this little, tiny
ferret curled up in the middle of it....

(But it seems like an awful lot of floor space to be lost for one ferret's
bed!  If Fezzik could *just* agree to sleep to one side, instead of smack dab in
the center, at least they could both use it....)

And, the obligatory question (grin) - what do most of your vets charge for
spaying/neutering ferrets?  I've heard some amazingly disparate figures, and
was somewhat surprised - I'd assume it would be a difficult operation on such a
small critter, and thus not cheap, but I guess I expected prices to be somewhat
similar in different areas (with some variation for cost of living, of course).
The prices I've heard around here are about double that for dogs - not terribly
surprising, but quite different from what I've heard other people pay...  Is
there some "norm"?

- Rochelle