From:
Michael Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 21:37:13 -0600
Hi, my name is Kim and I'm a vet tech in Minnesota.  We have 4 fuzzies and
have had all 4 of them vaccinated with Imrab 3.  This is licensed and
approved for all ferrets by the USDA.  Local laws in the Twin Cities metro
area require rabies vaccs.  I find it highly suspicious that your current
veterinarian is not aware of this vaccine.  At my clinic, we have vaccinated
several other ferrets and have never had any problems.  I would recommend
that you get a second opinion, possibly someone who is a little more
up-to-date on their studies of ferret medicine.

Kim Kaufman, CVT