Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:56:37 -0400
I think the very best thing you could do is to help this young woman
find a ferret shelter to surrender her babies to.

This is an awful lot on the plate for someone so young, living on her
own. I can't even begin to imagine what life must be like for her.
She's probably done her best to look after these babies and let's hope
that they haven't been too neglected. How at 17, on your own, can you
even afford to feed 4 ferrets?

Encourage her to surrender them to an appropriate facility. At least
they'll be safe and looked after and may even find a good home. And
her burden for their care will be gone - as it should.

Tressie A. Dutchyn, MA
ID PhD student, Dalhousie University

Research Associate
Atlantic Interdisciplinary Research Network for Social & Behavioral
Issues Hepatitis C & HIV/AIDS
Department of Community Health & Epidemiology
Faculty of Medicine
Dalhousie University