Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:01:25 -0500
I was in a PetCo this weekend and saw a pretty neat ferret bed.  I'd
rather buy that sort of thing from a shelter or other ferret cause, so I
thought I'd see if anyone makes this kind of bed.  The bottom part of the
bed was basically a big puffy pillow, round in shape.  Then there was a
sort of soft loose hood over the top of the pillow.  The idea is that the
ferret can be all cozy on the pillow and have privacy/additional warmth
from the hood.  A picture being worth a thousand words, it was I think
this item:

http://www.petco.com/product_info.asp?
familyid=9397&sku=2969527801&tab=6&dept_id=1558&c1=1533&c2=1557
&c3=1558&ct1=Ferret&ct2=Toys+%26+Accessories&ct3=Accessories

(sorry if that's too long--it's the Petmate Burrow Bed, listed at
Petco.com under ferrets/toys and accessories/accessories)
[Or enter 817112 in the search box at petco.com for a list. BIG]

I think the hood part is a little too small--if I were a ferret, I'd want
it to come down all around the pillow.  Plus I have two 3.5-4.0lb boys,
and the hood doesn't look quite big enough to cover both of them at the
same time.  I like solid jeweltone colors or animal prints (the ferrets
tell me they have no preference).  So if there's anybody out there who
makes something like this, drop me a line!

Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask]
everything moved:
http://users.rcn.com/badriya/
blog: http://badriya-z.blogspot.com/

"Is that my business?  Well, what is my business?  Do I know?  Did I ever
know?  Let s not go into that.  You re not human tonight, Marlowe.  Maybe
I never was or ever will be... Maybe we all get like this in the cold
half-lit world where always the wrong thing happens and never the right."
--Raymond Chandler, The Little Sister