From:
Stanley Copp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 15:36:43 -0700
Hi all ....  just thought I'd share our misfortune.  Last Monday (Canadian
Thanksgiving) we lost Hobbs - one of our male sables.  We were doing laundry
and he managed to scoot into the dryer while we weren't looking and yes, we
turned it on..... Needless to say poor Hobbs didn't survive.  It was a
terrible scene ... wife, kids and self terribly upset.  We buried him out
back beside the gully leading down to the stream ... a nice forest area.

My wife felt so terrible (thought it was her fault) that we immediately
went out and bought two babies - 7 week old male sables which we had been
admiring only a couple of days before.  Our new guys aren't named yet (Toby
is one suggestion), but our other four survivors (Kalli - female sable;
Calvin - male silvertip; TJ and Sindbad - both male sables) are VERY
interested in the new guys.

So ...  my moral is .... ALWAYS check the dryer before you turn it on.  We
only slipped up this once (thought Hobbs was in another room) ... a moment's
inattention was all it took.

Stan, Rena, Bill, Adrian and Tristan plus "The Wrecking Crew"
Port Moody, B.C.