From:
Dayna Frazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 07:55:19 EDT
First I would like to thank all of the wonderful folks who sent good wishes
and prayers to the little fellow...It has meant so much to be able to read
them to him over and over throughout this second wakeful night together.
Those prayers and good thoughts are working..he is stronger every hour.  He
seems to sense that extraordinary flood of love and hope being sent his way
and I believe, most strongly, that it is helping him in his struggle to
survive!

His vital signs are stable and his temp.  is finally staying down and steady
so the raging infection has been defeated for the moment.  He is eating..he
is so hungry, poor guy.  and altho the elimination end of things took a bit
of creative thinking to get started we now have a system that is reliable
and gets adequate results.

He is one of those rare critters who actually smiles...yup!  teeth showing,
mouth curved up and all...and he smiled at me for the first time last
evening.  I have finally managed to design and hand fit and sew some leg
socks that pad and protect his legs to prevent even a tiny bump...and while
his blood volume is low he is not weakening, but grows stronger with every
bite of food and every snuggle and pat... he is so pathetically grateful for
every little bit of affection I can only conclude he was kept away from
living creatures and got no attention or touching at all.

My vet friend has upgraded his odds to 80% probability of survival, altho he
doesn't know how the little guy is managing to stay alive at all.  He tells
me the infection, shock, surgery, dehydration, starvation, and major blood
loss should have finished him off 50 times over.  So he is my latest little
miracle fur kid.

Some of you have commented that I am 'special' in some way...please, I'm
not.  Some folks can make beautiful music, others can grow anything, others
can paint or sing or invent wonderful things...I am a natural healer...as
natural as breathing...it's not special it's just my gift...and often these
damaged little ones are guided into my care by a hand greater than any I
know.  But it's not special...and I am paid...boy am I highly paid... every
little glance or wiggle or later on, lick or snuggle is beyond any known
value and a greater reward than anything I can think of.  To beat father
Death and snatch this little one back into a place of love and joy makes me
a very rich person indeed.  Oh, sure the medical supplies and medicines and
all mean no extras and less food to eat but thats a tiny price to give for a
life.  Don't you think?  Many of you give up that and more to rescue little
ones in need every day.

He was awake for a whole 1/2 hour this am and that is a very good sign.  He
is relativly comfortable and improving...the next few days will give us a
clearer picture, but as of now things look pretty posative..

Thank you all so much for your interest, and your support... You have all
been so very very kind... I think it may be a very long time before this
little one crosses over to the bridge...

 hug your fur babies for me...   dayna
 dayna frazier   102046,3162
 "Worry is the interest we pay on the trouble we borrow!"