From:
"Meg Carpenter, Chaotic Ferrets" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 1995 19:32:13 -0400
Hello again.

Bruce Williams sent me directions on how he does that <     >
extraction thing, and I tried to "cut and paste" but some how goofed it  up
because the letters I practiced it on went either delete or to live with
Jesus - I don't know.  Been using computer for only a month and carefully
follow trails, leaving crumbs behind me so I can get out without taking down
the entire city.  So, I can't remember who, but will try to respond of FML to
some letters I got off line.  Opps and sorry!

As to question about what "Sign I was born under" -- I am not sure, but since
I was born in a hospital it probably was either "No Admittance Except Medical
Personnel"  or  "Exit".

As to question about aquariums as cages - Good grief, my new friend, be glad
I lost your letter!  No one keeps ferrets in glass cages these days, except
for the completely and totally uninformed.  Granted, many of us did back in
the dark ages before we knew better --Like 10 to 15 years ago since I last
saw it -- but no one with any sense is that cruel today.   The people who
told you this at the pet store should be locked in a shower stall with 40
inches of pine chips and see how cheerful they are if ever let out.  Sorry to
be so harsh - but go buy a good ferret cage NOW.  I like Safeguard or Pet
Stuff cages.  Please write me again as soon as you get a cage and I will will
reply with the answer to the question you are so interested in.  Yes, this is
blackmail.  And - use any type of bedding except pine chips or cedar chips
which can be lethal.  Old sweaters, towels, silky feeling things and bedding
made for ferrets like sleep sacks and such are good.  My babies, of course,
only sleep in the very best - like my bed, custom made hammocks, sleep sacks,
tunnels and especially,  my silk nightgowns.  Bedding made for cats is good
too.

Again, thank you to all who wrote on and off line to let me know you liked
the story about my acrobatic and flying ferrets - I will write another silly
story soon.  Would like to write a story about a dog I had that was changed
into a cat by a vet.  Yes, a true story and very interesting - if BIG will
permit a dog story on FML.  Can I Bill?

[Moderator's note: generally, not, if it has nothing to do with ferrets.
Why don't you send it to me and I'll see if and where. BIG]

This was on FML - and without looking back to find it - Yes, I had a ferret
with this type of bladder stones eight years ago.  Unfortunately, anesthesia
was not as good in those days and so we lost Whiskey to cardiac arrest.  His
bladder was loaded and he was not quite 3 years old.  At the time, I fed my
ferrets Science Diet dry food.  I have no way of knowing if this was a factor
or not - but I have never fed my ferrets Science Diet since, and have not had
this particular problem again yet.  What do you feed your ferrets?  What does
Tom think is the cause???

Got to go for now - my home is in usual chaotic state.  Sugar Baby a.k.a.
Grumpy, has falsed and is convinced the other ferrets have her babies and is
on the attack.  Every ferret has felt her wrath.  Jussy is overdue - I Think
she is pregnant - either that or the best false I've ever seen.  I am,
unfortunately, about to loose my dear Dusk and want to be with him as much as
possible right now - so have a good weekend everyone.  Try to stay cool in
this dreadful weather.  We are,  thanks to My Hero, the ferret owning a.c.
repairman - hope our a.c. makes it through the weekend. Best to all - meg