From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 08:30:34 -0800
In regards to Parrots vs.  Ferrets, my sister and I had two parrots and 9
ferrets at once.  It isn't the easiest thing in the world!  We basically
only let the parrots out when we were there to keep an eye on them.  If we
had to go to another room for anything..  our parrot went with us.  We had
a few run-ins..  Puffy Dog (my Senegal parrot) decided she was a ferret,
and she would try to play with them.  She almost ended up in the ferret
hiding place once.  A few times she took flying leaps at the ferrets and
they would end up with a mouth full of feathers.  Lucky enough, nothing
serious ever happened to her.  Ferdinand was pretty smart, if she saw a
ferret come near her, she would scream.  Ferrets are naturally curious,
and ours seemed to love the birds food.  Whenever they got a chance (and
the bird was out of their cage!) they would climb the bars and pick
through the bird food to find the goodies they wanted.  That's how we
discovered that ferrets like melon!  :) Birds and ferrets are not an
impossible combination..  but you do need to keep a closer eye on the
kids when they are out together.

Kim, I will be Grandma's santa.  E-mail me and let me know what goodies
she likes and where to send them.  I can be reached at [log in to unmask]

As for the person who keeps sending you hatemail..  all I can say is I am
sorry that you have to deal with him/her/it?

Bless you and all the other good souls who take time from their lives and
money from their pockets to take care of the critters that need a home and
love.  There are people who appreciate you and what you do!

Origam