Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:22:12 -0700
Yes folks ~ ~ ~ Time for the annual Pacific Ferret Shelter Network GRAND
FERRET FUN FROLIC ~!~!

Sunday August 10th from 10am-4pm at Clackamette Park, Oregon City,
Oregon.  Just a few blocks off exit 9 of I-205, across from the Oregon
City Shopping Center..

Ding-a-ling Brothers and Woozle and Weezel Circus has come back to town.
Ah!  The excitement, the spills and chills, the <not so> death defying
acts ~!~!  A day of fun, games, contests and recreation for all.

As a kid I remember the circus coming to town.  Watching as the
entertainers and trucks and cages of animals rolled down the street.
What's a circus without a parade?  So we bring you the PARADE OF CAGES
Contest.  Decorate your kids cage with it's finest apparel and decor
(circus theme or not).  Please make certain everyting is 'Fuzzy Safe'.
Each entry will be issued a number, Passersby will have a chance to
vote on the cages.  Will YOURS be the winner???  (no comments about
Martha Stewart and cages or rooms with bars).

Can your ferret master the greatest escape trick?  HOUDINIS' ESCAPE?
Placed in a darkened container, secured not once, but twice, can they
escape in record time???  (Okay, so it's a bag bust out - sheesh, I'm
trying to get creative here).

What about the skills to master the TELEPORTATION TALENT??  Placed at
one end of a darkened tunnel, can they safely - and swiftly - teleport
themselves to the other side?  (yes it's a tube run!  How 'bout a
little imagination here?)  Please note: To reduce the chance of disease
transmission, ferrets will not be allowed to share tubes (unless in the
same family).  For those wishing to participate, 5' plastic tubes will
be available to purchase at nominal cost.  If you wish, you may bring
your own tube (4" diameter, 5ft length).

There will also be a COSTUME CONTEST.  Dress your kids in the appropriate
circus fashion (clown, trapeze artist, juggler,
lions-and-tigers-and-bears, oh my!) to be judged by the audience.  What
about our LOOK ALIKE CONTEST.  They say that pets and their humans
resemble each other after a while - how about yours?  Do you yawn alike?
Sleep alike?  Dress alike?  We'd like to see.  (Photos will be accepted).

Shelters and vendors will have a wide variety of ferret goodies for sale.
Wish to set up a table?  Vendor room is still available.  The only cost
is a donation to the auction.

Be mesmerized by the MAGICIAN who will perform live.  Enoy the music that
the DJ will provide.  Hungry?  How about an original NEW YORK HOTDOG or
sausage?  Our vendor will also have a variety of chips and ice cold
drinks.

DR ALICE DAVIS, DVM will be on hand to talk to you about your fur-childs
health.  Don't forget the LIVE AUCTION with the extremely talented (and
entertaining) autioneer BILL STEVENSON.

For general information please contact me at 503-740-3425 or email
[log in to unmask]  For those wishing a vendor or shelter booth,
please contact Chris Mathis at the Oregon Ferret Shelter 503-557-8369 or
email [log in to unmask]

For local accomodations, there is an RV area nearby at riverside as well
as the reasonably priced Rivershore Hotel - please call 503-655-7141 for
rates and information

All ferrets attending MUST be at least 16 weeks of age, current on
distemper vaccinations, and tested ADV negative.  NEED AN ADV TEST?
Contact the Oregon Ferret Shelter for low cost, confidential testing
503-557-8369.  Ferrets with compromised immune systems, or ill ferrets,
should not attend.

The PFSN is a listed 501c3 non-profit group.  All proceeds go towards
creating and supporting ferret shelters in the Pacific Northwest

Hope to meet a lotta new folks ~!~!~!~!

Kevin B & The Way Kewl Kritter Crew    [log in to unmask]
Oregon Ferret Shelter volunteer http://www.OregonFerretShelter.com
Pacific Ferret Shelter Network VP http://www.FERRETNET.ORG