From:
sheena staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 21:09:09 -0800
>From:    "Joseph A. Brzostowski" <[log in to unmask]>
>Therefore, the question: has anyone noticed that ferrets will forget about
>their litter box training when an obvious struggle for dominance is taking
>place?

With our gang, everybody uses the box and newspapers by the front door when
they are out and about - and they use them consistantly.  However, the
minute a new ferret comes in the house, everybody begins pooping in various
parts of the kitchen, like behind the garbage can and under the kitchen
table.  This goes on in a most annoying fashion until the new ferret has
been accepted into the fold.

I think it's a ferret's way of saying "hey, look how tough I am - I'm
risking mum's wrath by pooping over here just to prove I'm tough." Then
again, maybe they're saying "mum, if you bring one more damn ferret in here,
your socks will never be clean again".  Who can say...

Sheena
GVFIS, WFHH
FAGV and FFCR