Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 10:23:37 -0800
Hi all,

I'm a lurker, introduced myself and my fur children a little while back.

I'm ferret sitting 2 fuzzies for a friend while they go back home for
Christmas.  I was told that the female was a nipper, the male was very
docile.  He is.

Well, I went to clean their litter box and the female attacked the side
of my hand and started shaking it like a rag doll.  She then came out and
started going for my ankles.  Nipper, huh?  She bit the heck out of me!!
I bled all the way to the sink to wash it off.  My mother put antibiotic
cream on the four holes and covered them with a bandage.

Now, I don't know what to do about this.  My friend isn't coming back until
the 10th of Jan.  I'm scared to open the door and let them out or clean
their cage.

What would you all suggest I do?  I can't go through too much stress, or
I'll have an Addisonian Crisis.  NOT fun!

Can I try to nip train her?  If I hold her, she turns around to bite me.
She did that when her owner was here.

All the fuzzies I have were older and nip trained.  I'm at a loss and
scared..

Thanks for any suggestions you can give me.

Patty and the Magnificent Seven